Monday, May 19, 2008

the girls.

Today is my twin sisters' birthday.
I'll be heading down to Kentucky to visit them at the end of this week but for now I thought I'd spread birthday cheer by posting this incredibly sweet picture of them, circa early eighties.

Whenever I refer to my twin sisters, people are always slightly confused (Wait- so you're a twin? Doesn't that make you...triplets?) but having the two of them is all I've ever known and having just one sister seems inadequate.
I talk about them often and if you knew them individually, you'd know why. They're both incredibly smart and artistic, funny and thoughtful. I may be biased, but to me they are always the coolest girls at the party. So I almost can't help talking about them, even if you haven't met them- because I feel what my parents must have when my mom gave birth to her very first baby and ended up bringing home two: incredibly lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment